Mathematics Education Associates is the point of contact for Dr. David A. Thomas and Dr. Cynthia S. Thomas, now semi-retired mathematics educators. David serves part-time as a Professor of Mathematics and Director of the Math Center at the University of Providence, Great Falls, MT.
During our careers we
- Taught at the intermediate, middle, high school, & university levels
- Won and directed ~$7M in grants & contracts for mathematics education projects
- Gave 100+ presentations at mathematics education meetings
- Published scores of proceedings papers, scholarly articles, and books
- Won prestigious state and national teaching and R&D awards
We remain interested in K-12 and university mathematics, teacher preparation and enhancement, and mathematics technologies. We welcome inquiries from individuals and institutions engaged in mathematics education.
We may be reached at
- Address: 1701 17th Ave So, Great Falls, MT 59405
- David: email@example.com, 406-403-5895
- Cynthia: firstname.lastname@example.org, 406-403-1372
Selected Papers, Presentations, Etc.
- ICEMST 2018 PowerPoint Presentation here
- Mathematics Education in South Africa: Many Perspectives, Many Voices. Education Research Highlights in Mathematics, Science and Technology 2017, 32. here
- MCTM 2017 presentations here
- Six Weeks in Kathmandu: Reflections of a Fulbright Specialist. AMTE Connections, 27(1), 2017. here
- Searching for significance in unstructured data: Text mining with Leximancer. European Education Research Journal, 13(2), 2014. here
- Number & Operations for Teachers here
- Geometry for Teachers here
- The mathematics of perspective: An introduction to the cross ratio. On-Math: Online Journal of school mathematics, 2(2), 2003. Reston, VA: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. here
- Modern geometry (2002). Brooks Cole Publishing Company. Pacific Grove, California. ISBN 0-534-36550-7. here
- Fulbright Scholar visit to South Africa here